August 1 for August semester start (July 1 deadline for LLM for International Lawyers)
December 1 for January semester start (November 1 deadline for LLM for International Lawyers)
Application Instructions (LLM Only)
Master’s students: There is no application fee. A third party fee may be incurred for International students who need to complete a transcript evaluation.
LL.M. students: Albany Law School has no application fee. However, third party fees are incurred through LSAC.
Application Requirements (Master’s Programs)
Note: Residential Master’s students may elect to start on any of the Online Program start dates. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Statement of Interest: Answer the following:
- Why is Albany Law School your choice?
- Why is this program your choice?
- How will this program advance your career objectives?
- Input the contact information for 2 letters of reference (they will be emailed the instructions to complete and submit). Letters must be from faculty, supervisors, or clients who can address the applicant's academic and intellectual abilities.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges, professional or technical schools, and the law school you have attended. Please note that this LLM degree program requires that all applicants have already earned a JD degree. Send official transcripts:
Albany Law School-Office of Admissions
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208-3494
- Financial Documentation (not required for U.S. citizens or permanent residents)
- A completed "International Student Financial Statement" is required to document the applicant's ability to pay the cost of attendance and in order to prepare the I-20 necessary to obtain the F-1 student visa. This financial statement should be submitted upon receipt of an official offer of admission.
- Evidence of English Proficiency
All applicants are required to provide evidence of English proficiency, if English is not the primary language in which your prior education was delivered. TOEFL® or IELTS is preferred. TOEFL® Minimum score = 580 on paper (range 310 to 677); 250 on computer (range 0 to 300); and 100 on Internet-based (range 0 to 120).